We all love ourselves some spicy food now and then. Ordering a hot bowl of curry for the family seems like a divine idea, but the problem is – many of these dishes contain potatoes, bread, and other foods that are not suitable for your keto diet. Fear not, as all hope is not lost. There are many delicious spicy keto foods recipes that you can follow.
In this recipe list, we share a few dishes that you can prepare. These curries and other spicy food recipes are delicious, relatively easy to make, and will surely satisfy your taste buds for something hot.
PS: Our favorite was the Keto Creamy Shrimp Curry
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 piece of grated ginger
- 1 small to medium sliced onion
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp of ground turmeric
- ½ tsp of grounded cloves
- ½ tsp of grounded cardamon
- ½ tsp of Chilli powder
- 1 pound of peeled shrimp, raw
- 1 cup of Coconut cream
- 2 tbsp of chopped Cilantro
- Firstly a saucepan, preferably large, should be put over medium to large heat. Add the garlic, onion, ginger and coconut oil. Saute for 5-8 minutes until the oil becomes transparent.
- Add the other spices to the saucepan and saute it for 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut cream to the mix and bring the saucepan to a simmer. When the ingredients simmer, add the shrimp.
- Simmer all the ingredients for 5-8 minutes until the shrimp is cooked.
- Remove from the heat and serve optionally with cauliflower rice and chopped cilantro.
Keto Beef Panang Curry Recipe
- 2 tbsp of Coconut oil
- 2 pounds lean beef, cut in 1 inch strips
- 3 shredded lime or bay leaves
- 16 ounces of coconut milk
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp of Sukrin Gold. (you can use any other suitable keto brown suhar alternative)
- ¼ cup of crushed peanuts
- 2 tbsp of fish oil
- Salt for seasoning
Panang Paste Ingredients
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 2 chopped spring onion
- ½ onion diced (preferably a small onion)
- ½ an inch of chopped Galangal
- 1 lemongrass stalk (use the white part, cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 1-3 Bird’s eye chilli (use 1 if you want the curry mild and 3 if you want it hot like a pro)
- 1 tbsp of cilantro (use the stems, it is edible and very flavorful)
- 1 tsp of shrimp paste
- 1 tsp of ground coriander
- 1 tsp of ground cumin
- ½ tsp of salt
- Put all the paste ingredients in a food processor or blender. Blend the ingredients to a paste, you can add a little water to help if it doesn’t blend well.
- Add a tbsp of coconut oil in a pan on high heat.
- Add the lime or bay leaves and saute it for 2 minutes until you can smell the fragrance of the leaves. After that add the paste to the pan.
- Cook it for 7 minutes and add the beef. When the beef has a brownish colour you can add the rest of the ingredients. Reduce the heat a little bit and let the whole mixture simmer for 30-45 minutes.
- When the beef is tender and a sauce has formed you can season your shrimp curry and serve.
If you’re looking for spicy keto recipes, then don’t forget the rice. Spicy keto recipes need to look at alternatives to standard rice. In this recipe, you will rediscover the role that cauliflower plays in your dishes. By simply blending up some cauliflower, you can make a keto-friendly rice. Add some ingredients and you have one of the tastiest spicy keto recipes on hand!
- ½ an inch of finely chopped Ginger
- ½ tsp of Cumin seeds
- ½ tsp of Yellow and Brown Mustard seeds
- ½ tsp of ground Tumeric
- ½ tsp of Pepper
- 2 cloves of chopped Garlic
- 1 head of Cauliflower (the cauliflower must be processed to resemble rice)
- 1or 2 tsp of salt (you can choose depending on how you want your dish to taste)
- 2 tbsp of chopped Cilantro
- Place the ghee in a frying pan over high heat. (the pan must preferably be a non-stick pan)
- Saute the garlic and ginger until it gives off an aroma.
- Add the whole spices in the mix and saute it for 5 minutes until you hear popping noises.Keto Creamy Shrimp Curry. This easy dinner recipe is quick and delicious. It’s healthy, low carb and dairy free – perfect for anyone on paleo.
- Add one half of the Cauliflower rice and mix it with the ghee or coconut oil. Saute for 3 minutes and then add the rest of the Cauliflower rice.
- Continue to mix the cauliflower rice while it cooks for 11o minutes. The rice will be done when it is softened.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the 2 tbsp of chopped cilantro..
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Still looking for the best spicy keto recipes? Then why not add some chicken. Many spicy keto recipes will use chicken as a base – it’s a great source of protein, after all. In this recipe, you learn how to make a casserole that easy to prepare and offers you a customizable hotness factor. Prefer your spicy keto recipes hot? Simply add more chilli. Want spicy keto recipes that are milder? It’s simple… reduce the amount of chilli you add.
- 1 ½ pounds of Chicken breasts (it must be cut into bite sized pieces)
- 10 ounces of chopped Bacon
- 7 ounces Cauliflower (cut it into small florets)
- 5 ounces of Broccoli (cut it into small florets)
- 4 ounces of shredded cheese
- 2 cups of Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 tsp of Sambal Oelek or a similar substitution if you don’t own it
- 2 tbs of Tomato paste
- Salt and Pepper for seasoning
- Butter (you will grease your casserole dish with the butter)
- Chilli powder or flakes to your liking
- 2 cups of your favorite leafy greens
- 7 ounces of cherry tomatoes (you can cut it in quarters or halves)
- 1 small sliced red onion
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit. Grease a medium casserole dish with butter. (a 9×12 will work)
- Heat a frying pan and fry the Bacon until it’s crispy. When it’s crispy you can spread it over the base of your casserole dish.
- Use the bacon fat and fry your Chicken in it for 15 minutes. Season the chicken with garlic, salt and pepper.
- Scatter the Cauliflower and Broccoli between the chicken in the casserole dish.
- Whisk the Samba Oelek, Tomato Paste and Heavy Whipping cream in a pan over medium heat. Season the mixture with the salt and pepper.
- When the mixture is boiling remove it and our it in the casserole dish between the Chicken, Broccoli and cauliflower.
- You can cover the dish with foil if you want to prevent the food from burning and cook it for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil after 20 minutes and add the shredded cheese on top. Put the dish back into the oven without the foil and let it bake for 15 minutes for the cheese to melt.
- You can serve this with fresh salad.
* Sambal Oelek Substitution
–Sriracha is the best to substitute the Sambal Oelek with
-Chinese chilli sauce or paste is also a good choice
-Normal Chilli Paste
Did you enjoy these spicy keto recipes, or perhaps know a friend who might? Be sure to share this post. If you have more chilli or spicy recipes to share, be sure to comment below – we’ll be sure to try them out!