Let’s face it – most people love some pasta. This dish is just so versatile. You can create stews, stir frys, bolognaise, and a wide range of other dishes with pasta. Unfortunately, the pasta you can buy at the local grocery store does not comply with your keto diet. The carb content is simply too high – and you want to avoid being kicked out of ketosis, of course. That’s why you’ve come looking for some keto homemade pasta recipes…
In this post, we share some excellent keto homemade pasta recipes for you to enjoy. These pastas are just as delicious – if not more – than the store bought options. Plus, they perfectly comply with your keto diet! The keto homemade pasta recipes we share are easy to make and will aid in your daily macronutrient intake.
The first on our list of keto homemade pasta recipes is a simple, yet efficient recipe. It’s quick and easy to make, and only requires four ingredients.
- 1 tbsp of water
- 2 tsp of gelatin powder
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1 large egg yolk
- Whisk the gelatin powder in a small bowl with the water and let it sit for a bit. It should have a thick consistency.
- Microwave the cheese for 20-30 seconds until it is melted. Add the egg yolk once you’re sure there are no solid cheese pieces. Do not let the egg yolk cook.
- Poure the gelatin mixture over the cheese mixture once the gelatin is finished. It will begin to look like dough. (If the cheese mixture have already cooled then you should put it in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds before adding the gelatin)
- Now you have to flatten the mixture. You can do this with a rolling pin or you can fill the one half of a baking paper, fold it over and press until its flat.
- Roll the dough until each piece is a ¼ inch thick. You can also just roll it in small pieces, however thick you want. You should now set it in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes take he dough out of the fridge and cut it into small strips. You cn use a very sharp knife or aa pizza cutter if you own one. The dough can be cut to the length you prefer.
- Throw your pasta dough into the sauce ans heat it until room temperature. After that serve.
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella
- Firstly start by prepping your baking sheets. Microwave the Mozzarella for 2-3 minutes. Stir the cheese at 1 minute intervals.
- Put the egg yolks into the melted cheese. Fold it together, when the mixture starts to resemble a ball of dough you can move on to the next step.
- Now you have to take the ball you made and flatten it. You can do that with a rolling pin or flatten it by pressing it between parchment paper. When this is done you can cut the dough into the length of strips you want.
- Let the pasta dry in the fridge overnight, or for 30 minutes. Put the pasta in boiling water for 30 seconds, do not add salt. Rinse in cold water, now your pasta is finished.
- 3 Cups of shredded Mozzarella
- 1 ½ cups of Marinara. You can buy it or make it yourself. (Be sure it’s keto friendly when you buy it)
- 2 cups of Ricotta (Use cream cheese if your run out of Ricotta)
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 cup of grated Parmesan. (Put a little bit aside for sprinkling)
- Grounded black pepper
- Kosher salt
- 3 Zucchini’s, large. Cut it with a y peeler beforehand, if you don’t have that use a sharp knife but cut it very thinly to mimic the y peeler. Lay it out on a paper towel so it can dry. (If the Zucchini isn’t dry enough your lasagna will look like soup.)
- Firstly preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Mix the ricotta, parmesan, and eggs in a small bowl. You can season the ricotta with salt and pepper.
- Spread the Marinara in a thin layer on your baking dish. Layer the dish with 2 layers of the zucchini, ricotta or mozzarella. (You can use more layers depending on how much you want to how deep your baking dish is)
- Make a zucchini lattice for the top layer. Sprinkle with the extra parmesan and season with salt and pepper to liking.
- Cook the dish for 30-35 minutes.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes and serve.
Keto Shrimp Scampi
- Summer squash,2
- ¼ cup of chicken broth
- 2 tbsp of unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp of white wine or lemon juice
- 1 pound deveined shrimp
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 minced garlic clove
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Cut the squash into noodles with a spiralizer. Sprinkle it with salt and let it lay for 30 minutes. (This is to remove the moisture)
- Melt the butter in a pan and saute the garlic. Add in the chicken broth, chilli flakes and the wine,(or lemon juice). Bring it to a light boil and add the shrimp. Let it simmer and take it out when it turns pink, then it’s ready.
- Season the sauce if it’s necessary. Add the summer squash noodles to the sauce and mix it well. Once the squash noodles is coated in sauce remove it from the heat, let it cool down and serve with the fresh parsley.
Did you enjoy any of these recipes, or know a friend who might? Be sure to share them with your friends and comment down below if you have any tips to improve them even further 🙂