Let’s face it – bread is delicious. Prior to the keto diet, you likely enjoyed a sandwich at least now-and-then. There’s nothing like a piece of full grain bread, topped with some tomato, cheese, cucumber, and maybe even a few slices of avocado.
Unfortunately, once you decided to do the keto diet, you are suddenly told to stop buying bread at your local supermarket. The thing is, regular breads – including the whole grain varieties – are loaded with carbs. With the keto diet, you are trying to reduce your carb intake.
No need to fear the keto diet, however – as you can still enjoy a delicious home-baked bread. We look at some of the top keto bread recipes in this post. Take a look at them and be sure to give one of them a try – they are definitely worth the effort.
- 1 ¾ ground psyllium husk powder
- 1 ¼ almond flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix all the dry ingredients into your mixing bowl. Wait until the water is to boiling temperature.
- Now add your vinegar and egg whites into the bowl with your dry ingredients and mix it well. Add boiled water. You can either mix with your hand or a electric hand mixer for 30 seconds. Be careful not to mix the dough to long.
- Now moisten your hands a little bit with olive oil so that the dough do not stick on to your hands. Separate the dough in to 6 rolls. Place the rolls on your on your greased baking sheet. Noe top it with the optional sesame seeds.
- Depending on the size of the rolls you should put it on the lower or middle rack of your oven. Bake in the oven for 50-50 minutes. The bread rolls will be done when you hear a hollow sound when you tap with a spoon on the bottom of the bun.
- 6 large eggs
- ¼ butter. It must be cooled and melted
- ½ tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 ½ cup of ground almond flour
- ½ tsp of kosher salt
- Firstly preheat your oven to 375 F and if you have an 8-4 loaf pan, with parchment paper. You can use any size of pan. Then separate the egg yolks and whites.
- Combine the cream of tartar and egg whites in a large mixing bowl. With a hand mixer beat the cream of tartar and egg whites until stiff peaks for at the top layer.
- Take a separate bowl and use your hand mixer again to beat the egg yolks with the melted butter, salt, baking powder and almond flower. Start with a 1/3 of the whipped eggs and work it slowly in. Add the rest of the whipped eggs.
- Pour the batter you just made in a loaf pan and smooth down the top. Let the batter bake in the over for 30 mins or until its brown.
- You can either use a tbsp coconut flour or 3 tbsp of almond flour
- 1 egg
- ½ tspn baking powder
- 1tbsp oil or butter
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl, cup or ramekin. Add in the baking powder, almond flour and eggs. Beat the mixture with a fork until it is mixed thoroughly.
- Microwave the mixture for about 90 seconds. Loosen the mixture and flip it onto a plate. You can also toast it in a toaster.
- Preheat your oven 375 F. You can bake the mixture in a ramekin or oven safe bowl, the bowl will take longer, for 10-12 minutes or until it is cooked through.
- 6-7 eggs
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Cooking spray
- 1 tsp baking flower
- Almond flour (2 cups blanched)
- ½ a cup of melted butter
- ½ tspn xanthan gum
- ½ tspn sea salt
- Before you begin preheat the oven to 350 F. You should then grease a silicone pan with your cooking spray
- Whisk your eggs in a bowl for 3 minutes utils its smooth. Add the melted butter and olive oil and mix well
- Combine your salt, baking powder, xanthan gum and almond flour well in another bowl. Add moderately to egg mixture and mix until a batter is formed
- Pour the batter in the pan that you prepared and bake in the oven for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean