Whether you are new to the ketogenic diet or have been following this lifestyle for a long time, one thing is for sure… We all still feel those cravings mid-morning and later in the afternoon. Grabbing a packet of potato chips is no longer an option. It’s not keto friendly and certainly not any good for your waist. The best keto snack recipes can, however, be tastier than you think.
In this post, we share a selection of the best keto snack recipes for you to try out. Give them a go and let us know what you think in the comments below.
- 2 tbsp of flax seeds
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds
- ¾ cup of Parmesan
- 2 ½ tbsp of pumpkin seeds
- Firstly you have to pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees Celsius.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and mix all the seeds and cheese together in a mixing bowl.
- Put small dollops of the mixture on the baking sheet. Do not press it down so that its flat and space them evenly.
- Bake the mixture for about 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
- 3 eggs whites.
- 1 cup of water.
- 1 tsp of salt.
- 2 tsp of vinegar (white wine vinegar or cider vinegar)
- 2 tsp of baking powder.
- 1 ¼ cups of almond flower.
- 5 tbsp of psyllium husk powder.
- 4 ounces butter (room temperature)
- 2 tbs of parsley (chopped)
- ½ tsp of salt
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- Firstly, preheat your oven to 175 degrees Celsius and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Once the water is boiling, take it of the heat. Add the water to the bowl and add the vinegar and eggs to the dry ingredients and water. Mix for about 30 seconds.
- Roll the mixture into forms that resembles hot dog rolls. Leaves space between the rolls on the baking sheet.
- Bake the rolls for 30-50 minutes. Then take it out and let it cool off until its firm.
- Cut the rolls in half and spread the garlic butter on it and let in grill in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- 8 ounces of your favorite nuts like almond, pecans, walnuts and cashews.
- 1 tsp paprika or chili powder.
- 1 tsp cumin (grounded cumin).
- 1 tbsp olive or coconut oil.
- 1 tsp salt
- Mix everything in a frying pan and fry it until the nuts have warmed trough. (If the almonds are ready it is finished)
- Let it cool and serve.
- Coconut milk (2 cans, preferably 2 15-ounce cans).
- 2 cups of heavy cream.
- ¼ cup of your favorite confectioner’s sweetener.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- A small pinch of salt (kosher).
- Let the coconut milk cool in the fridge overnight (if you need the ice-cream in a short notice then let it cool for 3 hours).
- Whipped Coconut: Take the coconut cream and transfer it to a bowl. Use a hand mixer to beat until creamy. Remember to leave the liquid in the can.
- Whipped Cream: In another bowl you have to beat the heavy cream with the mixer. Add the sweetener and vanilla while beating the cream.
- Fold the Whipped cream and whipped coconut in a loaf pan or a bowl and let it freeze for 5 hours.
*Do what you want with the leftover milk. Try adding it to a smoothie. Take a look at our keto smoothie recipes post for some great ideas!
- 2 ½ cups of almond flour.
- ½ cups of coconut flour.
- ½ tsp of onion powder
- ½ tsp of chopped rosemary (dried rosemary).
- 1 tsp of flaxseed meal (grounded).
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tbsp of olive oil (extra virgin olive oil).
- Firstly, pre heat your oven to 160 degrees Celsius. Whisk he flours and, rosemary, flax meal, onion powder and salt in a bowl. Combine it with the eggs and oil to make a dough.
- Flatten the dough and roll it to any size you want, preferably squares. Put it on your prepared baking tray.
- Bake until the dough looks golden, that will be between 12-15 minutes.
- Bacon, cooked and crumbled (12 slices).
- 2 Avocados.
- 2 ounces of room temperature cream cheese.
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- Lime juice.
- ¼ of a red onion.
- 2 tbsp of chopped cilantro.
- 1 chopped jalapeno. (or any of your favorite chillies)
- ½ tsp chili powder and cumin.
- Grounded black pepper and kosher salt.
- Mix all the guacamole ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix everything until it’s smooth, season it with salt and pepper. Put it in the freezer until its firm (it will take 25-30 minutes)
- Put the bacon on a plate (bacon must be crumbled). Take the gaucamole and form it into small balls, cover it in the bacon bits.
- Bacon (6 slices).
- 1 crushed garlic clove.
- 5 ounces of room temperature cream cheese.
- 9 asparagus spears.
- Kosher salt
- Grounded black pepper.
- Pre heat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius and prepare your baking sheet.
- Cook the bacon until all the fat has disappeared.
- Mix the cream cheese with the garlic and season it with salt and pepper.
- Spread the cream cheese over the bacon straps and roll it over the asparagus spears. Place it in your baking pan and bake for 5 minutes.
- 2 Avocados.
- 2 crushed garlic cloves.
- Lime juice (1 lime).
- ½ cup plan Greek yoghurt.
- Grounded black pepper.
- Carrot/vegetable sticks or keto friendly tortilla chips for serving.
- Smash the avocados in a bowl.
- Mix in the Greek yoghurt, garlic and lime juice. Season the mixture with salt and pepper to liking.
- Serve with carrot stick or tortilla chips. Tortilla chips must be keto friendly.
- ½ a cup of dark chocolate chips (keto friendly)
- ¼ cup coconut oil. An extra 2 tbsp must be held for later.
- 8 ounces of cream cheese (room temperature).
- ½ a cup of peanut butter (keto friendly).
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- Prepare your baking sheet. Mix peanut butter, cream cheese, ¼ cup coconut oil and the kosher salt. Mix this for 2 minutes and freeze it in the freeze for about 10 minutes.
- When the mixture is firmer, scoop the peanut butter out and create small balls. Place it in the freezer again for 10 minutes so that it can harden in a form.
- Mix the dark chocolate and the 2 tbsp. of coconut oil for the drizzle. Drizzle it over the peanut butter balls and enjoy your keto fat bombs.